Trash that blocks storm drains can cause street flooding and all of this trash makes it way to our creeks and lakes. Keep trash out of the street and parking lots by doing these simple things:
- Cigarette butts are still the number one item found in our waterways. Do not throw butts in the street, parking lot, grass, etc... Utilize a butt bucket or similar to keep your butts contained and easy to dispose of in the trash.
- Do you need a reusable shopping bag or a butt bucket? Drop by 800 Main Street - 3rd floor, Garland (during regular business hours) with an ID that shows you are a Garland resident and we will be happy to provide one. Limit of two bags and butt buckets per address.
- Keep reusable bags in your car for shopping.
- Pick up all trash that you drop and any trash that is on your property!
- Recycle plastic bottles.
- Reduce the number of bottles and plastic bags you use.
- Utilize reusable water bottles instead of disposable bottles.
- Volunteer at a Keep Garland Beautiful clean-up event. Email Keep Garland Beautiful to find out more information.