- Departments A - B
- Building Inspection
Due to software updates in our systems, our Building Inspection Department will be unable to process any applications or registrations or schedule inspections using our online system starting Friday, June 2, through Sunday, June 4. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The mission of the Building Inspection Department is to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment by reasonable enforcement of the codes, providing efficient customer service, and ensuring quality in the design, construction, and use of properties within the city.
Our office is open to the public; we accept applications Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
Permits are necessary so that we can help you complete your project and meet certain safety and legal issues. This website is a guide to help you better understand the necessary steps in getting a permit for just about any project you might do or have done.
The inspection cut off time is before midnight for your inspection(s) to take place the next business day. The only exception will be foundation inspections. This will still be conducted in an a.m./p.m. format. We will make every effort to perform inspections. In the event of unusual circumstances, some inspections may be carried over to the next business day.
Please call the 24-hour request line for all inspection requests at 972-205-2300 and follow the prompts.
BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2022 BUILDING INSPECTORS WILL BEGIN INSPECTIONS AT 7 AM AND END AT 3 PM IN ORDER TO REDUCE EXPOSURE TO EXTREME HEAT CONDITIONS
- 2015 International Building Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Residential Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Fire Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code (Effective September 19, 2016)
- 2014 National Electrical Code (Effective September 19, 2016)